Our 1st Annual Monster Dash 5k Run/Walk & Lil' Frankenstein 1k on October 27, 2018 will be a fun, family-friendly, timed Halloween themed running event. Participants are encouraged to wear costumes, and we will host a costume contest. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to Seattle Humane, located in the Eastgate area of Bellevue. Runners and walkers of all abilities welcome to participate! The Seattle Humane MaxMobile, mobile pet adopting unit, will be on-site from 8am - 9am. Arrive early to check out all the lovable furry friends that could be part of your family!
Registration - Online is closed, you can still register day of race starting at 8:00 AM at SHOES-n-FEET.
Commemorative race medals for all 5K participants. Gore brand is sponsoring the prizes for the winning male and female. Each will receive a FREE pair of Gore-Tex protected Brooks Ghost running shoes! a Prizes for 5K overall male and female plus age group winners: Under 10, 10-14, 15-19, 20-21, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+.
In addition, we’ll give prizes for:
- Fastest Frankenstein
- Fastest Pumpkin
- Fastest Vampire
- Fastest Ghost
- Fastest Witch
Other prizes to be announced!
Entry Fees (Online closes 11:59 PM on Thursday, Oct 25)
5k (includes a technical commemorative running shirt if registered by October 14th).
- $25 - Early Bird (through August 31st).
- $30 - September 1st through October 26th
- $35 - Race Day
Kids 1k (includes a technical, commemorative running shirt if registered by October 14th).
- $10 - through October 26th
- $15 - Race Day, October 27th
Each participant PRE-REGISTERED by October 14th will be guaranteed a free, technical, commemorative running shirt.
A limited number of shirts MAY be available for day of race participants, but are not guaranteed for anyone registering after October 14th.
Race Day Schedule - October 27, 2018
8:00 a.m. - Race number pickup at SHOES-n-FEET
8:45 a.m. - Kids 1k Race Start
9:15 a.m. - 5k Race Start
The course is an out-and-back through the Lake Hills Greenbelt Park. The race map is below. Please note two things:
- The course is an out-and-back, when traffic becomes two way, please stay to the right.
- About 1/2 mile into the race, the main trail is under construction. The City of Bellevue has created a by-pass route through a small part of the blue berry field that lasts about 400 ft. That by-pass is pretty well worn, but the footing there is less even than the regular trail. For that short stretch please be careful of your foot placement.
- There is one road crossing that will be staffed by two volunteers and a police officer. Non-the-less, your safety is your responsibility. Please watch for cars and obey any instructions from the volunteers and/or police officer.
The 5K will have one water station that participants pass twice during the 5k course.
Race Bib Pick-Up
Early race bib pick-up up will begin on the Friday, 10/26 at 1pm-7pm at the SHOES-n-FEET store. Race day check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. on the morning of the race. We encourage you to check in on Friday to beat the race day line.
Driving & Parking Directions
SHOES-n-FEET Address: 15015 Main St Suite 102, Bellevue, WA, 98007
Please park in the area nearest to SHOES-n-FEET in the Kelsey Creek Plaza. Please do not park directly in front of Walmart, LA Fitness or Starbucks. See this map for further parking instructions.