Are you looking to hit the trails this summer, but don’t know where to start? Train with us on Wednesday evenings at 6pm starting April 19, 2017 for a 5-week session on the basics of trail running! You will learn specific running skills that will help you on the trails including: running downhill, running uphill, technical footwork, trail safety, course strategy, shoes and gear.
Let our expert coaches empower you to hit the trails with confidence, and share their love of trail running with you. The Pacific Northwest is one of the best places in the entire country to run trails.
While focused on beginners, the programs are also open to experienced participants as we train for the Tiger Mountain Trail Run on Saturday, May 20, organized by Northwest Trail Runs. This event has options for a 5K, 12K, half-marathon and 50K. Participants in Trail Running 101 will receive 10% off registration for the Tiger Mountain Trail run distance of their choice.
Reasons to trail run:
- Change up your typical running routine.
- Running on soft surfaces can be easier on your joints.
- Trail runner keeps you away from noisy and dangerous traffic.
- Go explore places fewer runners go.
- Adventure, always!
Adam Stuhlfaut, Director of Running at SHOES-n-FEET, is a long-time trail running enthusiast with over 30 years experience as a runner, coach, writer and speaker. Adam spends as much time as he can on the trails and is excited to share that passion with you!
During the 5-week program, for $35 you’ll receive:
- Weekly coached runs meeting at different trails around Bellevue.
- Discounted entry to the Tiger Mountain Trail Run, organized by Northwest Trail Runs.
- Discounts on in-store purchases.
- Team race shirt.
Contact Coach Adam with questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-store: You can print the registration form here or we have them in-store.
- Online via SignMeUp: Click here
Offered in our Bellevue store only.