Shoe Fitting Specialist Job Listing
Job Description: The position of a Shoe Fitting Specialist is to deliver exceptional service to each customer at SHOES-n-FEET. That is accomplished by knowledge of the products and a positive caring attitude towards our customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Interest in and passion for running, walking, or fitness.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and can develop and implement projects independently.
- Experience in or demonstrate the capacity to learn event and project management quickly.
- Comfort in working over multiple social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Stories, IGTV, and Twitter
- Experience in or interested in acquiring in-depth knowledge about shoes and apparel, including becoming comfortable with recommending footwear based on basic biomechanical principles.
- Experience in coaching running and/or fitness programs or the willingness to learn.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to concurrently manage the project planning for multiple events throughout the year, including running races, trunk shows, training groups, medical nights, trade show appearances, and similar activities.
- Represent SHOES-n-FEET at running, fitness, and other related events in the community.
- Grow social media presence by creating unique, up-to-date content and tracking social media performance
- Ensure that each customer or event participant receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
- Evaluate and recommend to retail buyer(s) shoes, apparel, and accessories that best represent the goals of the retail store and the training programs
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Assist in floor moves, merchandising, display maintenance, and housekeeping
- Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise and monitoring floor stock.
- Assist in completing price changes.
- Participate in year-end inventory and cycle counts.
- Assist in ringing up sales at registers and/or bagging merchandise.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Experience with email platforms such as Constant Contact, MailChimp or similar
- Comfortable navigating multiple social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, Stories, IGTV, and Twitter
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job
- Ability to communicate with associates and customers
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes of merchandise and fixtures throughout the store, which entails lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Passion for or interest in running, walking, fitness, and/or outdoors.
- A passion for, and knowledge of sports apparel & footwear
- Understanding of or willingness to learn gait analysis.
- Medical and Dental
- Paid sick and vacation
- Starting pay $20 per hour
To apply email a resume to email@example.com or drop off resume at the store.